Suburban Library Cooperative Launches Tutor.com’s Learning Suite
Includes help for adults writing resumes, job searching or going back to school
August 18, 2017 – The Suburban Library Cooperative (SLC) has launched a new program that offers students of all ages, live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online. Any community member with a library card can access Tutor.com’s Learning Suite from any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet by visiting their library’s website and clicking on Tutor.com.
The Tutor.com Learning Suite, a service of The Princeton Review, combines on-demand, real-time tutoring with several self-study tools to create robust, personalized learning or job search experience. The live, online tutoring and job search support is available every day of the week from 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. Many other features such as The Princeton Review’s SAT/ACT Essentials Test Prep is available 24/7. The service was purchased by all public libraries in Macomb County, Troy, and Harper Woods and is available at no cost to the student. To access Tutor.com please visit your library’s website and click on the link to Tutor.com.
“The SLC is excited to provide this resource for all of the residents of Macomb County, as well as the residents of Troy and Harper Woods. This is another great example of our member libraries working together to provide critical services in a cost-effective way,” said Tammy Turgeon, Director of the Suburban Library Cooperative.
Students of all ages and job seekers can find the help they need with the network of over 3,000 professional academic and career tutors available through Tutor.com. The self-study tools provide additional modes of support that are available 24/7.
- Academic Tutoring: Students in kindergarten through second-year college students, as well as adult learners, can get help with homework, test preparation, skills and concepts they are learning in class as well as Advanced Placement® test preparation and college entrance exams. Subjects include math, science, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT®/SAT®, GED®/HiSET®, Microsoft® Office and writing.
- Drop-Off Reviews: Students or adults working on essays, book reports, short stories, college/scholarship application essays, résumés & cover letters or tough math problems can drop-off their document or problem for an overnight review to receive detailed guidance and explanations.
- SAT/ACT Essentials from The Princeton Review: Use The Princeton Review’s self-study modules to help prepare for the SAT or ACT. SAT/ACT Essentials includes full-length practice tests, a diagnostic score report, supporting video lessons and practice drills and college application advice. Get the edge you need to achieve your college dream.
- Practice Quizzes: Students preparing for an end-of-chapter test, a final exam or standardized test can use Tutor.com’s Practice Quizzes to assess their knowledge on over 100 areas in math, science and social studies.
- Study Resources: The Tutor.com SkillsCenter Resource Library provides 24/7 access to thousands of educationally sound resources. Students can watch instructional videos, download practice worksheets, customize their own flashcards for studying and get test taking tips and much more. Job seekers have access to résumé templates, job search websites and career advice.
- Job Search Assistance: Work one-to-one with professional job search coaches in a supportive and encouraging environment for help with job searching, online applications, resume writing, interview preparation and much more. This service is easy to use and coaches are experienced in working with job seekers at all levels.